Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dear Uterus

Dear Uterus,

I'm sorry we didn't work out. I am sure it is me and not you. I just needed more space, but you were crowding me with your fibroids and your endometriosis. Honestly, I didn't like them and didn't feel very well around them.

It's just better this way. You'll get over it in time, especially when you see how much better we both are without each other. In an ideal world, I still would have separated from you. All you wanted to do was hang out with those two and it just made me unhappy.

It's not like I found someone else. In a sense, you were irreplaceable. But don't think that means I want you back. You just taught me a lot about myself I didn't know and I want to thank you for that.

I realize we were together a long time and at the beginning, I probably took you for granted. I see that now. So I accept my 50% of the blame. Maybe I didn't appreciate you as much as I should have when we were together; but now that we are apart, I have some perspective.

I guess I wanted you to know that I am okay, actually much better now, and that I still miss you at times.

Yours,

Donna

No comments: